WET PIPE SPRINKLER SYSTEM
Wet pipe sprinkler system is the most common fire sprinkler system. It is one in which water is constantly maintained within the sprinkler piping. When a sprinkler activates this water is immediately discarded onto the fire.
- Ease of modification
- Short term downtime following a fire
- System simplicity and reliability
- Relative low installation and maintenance expense
Services offered by us for Wet Pipe Sprinkler Systems :
- Full design and engineering services
- Installation of systems from start to finish
- All testing, service and repair available 24 hours a day
Wet pipe sprinkler systems have their piping permanently filled with pressurized water. This has a purpose: if any individual sprinkler head opens in response to heat, water flows immediately and at a moderately high pressure. For this reason, wet pipe installations have the fastest response among all sprinkler system configurations – reaction time does not depend on distance between the activated sprinkler head and the water supply.
This systems have the lowest cost and the fastest response, making then the preferred option in a wide range of applications. They also have very simple maintenance needs. The main limitation of this fire sprinkler configuration is that water in the piping can freeze with low temperature, limiting its use in cold environments (natural or man-made).
There are also special applications where flammable substances are stored, and the sprinkler system may be required to spray water from all sprinkler heads at once. This is not possible with a wet pipe system: water is held back at each sprinkler head, and they are activated individually by localized heating, so there is no way to make them all activate at once.
Wet pipe systems are the easier to reset after they respond to a fire. It is only necessary to replace the sprinkler heads that opened, and fill the piping with water again.
Advantages to using a wet pipe sprinkler system include:
- System simplicity and reliability – Wet pipe sprinkler systems have the least number of components and therefore, the lowest number of items to malfunction. This produces unexcelled reliability which is important since sprinklers may be asked to sit in waiting for many years before they are needed. This simplicity aspect also becomes important in facilities where system maintenance may not be performed with the desired frequency.
- Relative low installation and maintenance expense – Due to their overall simplicity, wet pipe sprinklers require the least amount of installation time and capital. Maintenance cost savings are also realized since less service time is generally required compared to other system types. These savings become important when maintenance budgets are shrinking.
- Ease of modification – Wet pipe fire sprinkler systems are advantageous since modifications involve shutting down the water supply, draining pipes and making alterations. Following the work, the system is pressure tested and restored. Additional work for detection and special control equipment is avoided which again saves time and expense.
- Short term down time following a fire – Wet pipe sprinkler systems require the least amount of effort to restore. In most instances, sprinkler protection is reinstated by replacing the fused sprinklers and turning the water supply back on. Pre-action and dry-pipe systems may require additional effort to reset control equipment.
Disadvantages to using a wet pipe sprinkler system include:
- Wet pipe systems are not suited for sub-freezing environments.
- There may also be a concern where piping is subject to severe impact damage and could consequently leak.
Determine the Best Fire Sprinkler System for Your Needs
Fire sprinkler systems are necessary to help protect your facility, employees, and assets. Understanding the various sprinkler system options can make it obvious which type is best for your building’s fire protection needs.
However, if you’re still unsure which fire sprinkler system will work best for your environment, or if you’re ready to begin designing and installing a fire sprinkler system
For any enquiry :- Contact us
We are also on Indiamart, for more details Contact us